Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Reviving the Shop Blog!

Starting today... the BLOG IS BACK! YAY!
To start get the party started, every Wednesday I will be posting a sewing tip here. This new segment will be called "How To Sew Like a Crazy Lady!"
As you may or may not know I have taught myself how to sew, I started sewing back in 2003 but didn't REALLY get into it (and get my own machine) until 2005. We picked up a cheap-o Singer at a Black Friday sale and I never looked back. I still use that very machine quite a bit, it could really use a tune up. For what we paid it has been a great little machine, a real workhorse, it's not even complained when I've tried to sew Naugahyde with it. I have since gotten a fancier new machine (all computer-tastic and such), as well as a serger, and along the way I have had to teach myself how to do use them. The series is called "How to Sew Like a Crazy Lady" because that's just what it is. I don't claim to be a sewing expert, I would like to think that I sew well though and neatly and I make sure everything I sew (and sell) are of the utmost quality. However I don't necessarily do things the most efficient or practical way, I do things the way that works best for me... and well, let's face it, I am a crazy lady. Many times during my life I learned to do things backwards, I like to get the hard thing out of the way before learning the easy thing. So... get ready to learn all the magic secrets of how I have learned to sew over the past 6 years, it should at least be entertaining.

No comments: